Everything we do flows to and from the public worship of God. Here are some of the other ways that you can get involved with congregational life and ministry at Westminster.
Our Sunday school ministry seeks to instill Christians of all ages with an ardent love for the Lord Jesus and equip them for godly living. Come and you will receive a rich fare designed to communicate truth for life. We meet every Sunday at 9:30AM.
Take a look at our Children's Christian Education curriculum here.
STUDIES & FELLOWSHIP
As an additional layer of discipleship, we provide various other studies throughout the week. Currently, we offer the following opportunities for study and fellowship:
- FOUNDATIONS CLASS. What's the PCA? What does it mean to be "reformed"? What's the difference between Presbyterians and the other various flavors of churches out there? What are Westminster's core convictions? This class is the place for visitors and perspective members to ask those questions (and others!) while we carefully explore the Westminster Confession of Faith in the context of a group discussion. Please join us! Our next class beginning September 3rd, 2017 at 9:30. The signup sheet is in the narthex.
- COFFEE WITH CALVIN. “What does it mean to be a Calvinist?” Each Tuesday morning a group of men meet at the church from 6:30 until 8:00 to answer that question by studying John Calvin’s seminal work, The Institutes of the Christian Religion. The study is for men of all ages in all walks of life. Please come and enjoy bold coffee and bold theology!
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT BIBLE STUDY. Paul's letter to the churches of Galatia seems to burst on the reader like a sudden storm. The issues it raises still generate controversy, even after two thousand years of church history. In large measure this is because what was at stake when Paul wrote was the gospel itself. The question of whether human works were to play any part in the justification of sinners had to be answered clearly if the fledgling Christian movement was to prosper. And Paul was determined to answer it with total clarity. This explains the vigor and energy of his language, and the impact the letter has had down the centuries. The Wednesday Night Bible Study and fellowship has been richly rewarding for knowledge and practical application.
- THURSDAY PRAYER MEETING. Each week, this group of dedicated men and women gather together at 11:30 in the fellowship hall for a sweet hour of prayer and fellowship.
- MEN'S MONTHLY BREAKFAST. We have a men’s fellowship breakfast on the first Saturday of the month at 8:00am. We are currently studying the book Knowing God by J.I. Packer.
- WoW FELLOWSHIP. The Women of Westminster (WoW) meet on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month. The group is hosted by Barbara McCarthy and led by Jen Eccleston. The ladies are currently going through an audio series called “Little Foxes” which identifies the “little fox sins that spoil the vine” in our lives. Their time in the Word is filled with convicting teaching, lively discussion and sweet fellowship. Please consider joining them! Contact Jen Eccleston at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Committees provide Westminster's members opportunities to utilize their gifts and passions in the work and ministry of the church.
- Christian Education Committee
- Fellowship Committee
- Missions Committee
- Prison Ministry Committee
- Security Committee
- Women's Ministry Committee
MISSIONS & OUTREACH
The following are various missions and outreach partnerships supported by Westminster:
- African Bible College, Dr. and Mrs. O. Palmer Robertson
- City Rescue Mission
- Donald & Claire-Lise Cobb (MTW, France)
- David, Marcia, Ian, and Heather Jones (MTW, West Africa)
- Equipping Pastors International, Rev. Chuck MacArthur
- First Coast Women’s Services
- Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- International Learning Center of Jacksonville
- Paul & Crystal Henry (MTW, Thailand)
- Tommy Park (RUF, University of North Florida)
- Ben Thomas (Sweden)
- Amanda Jarvis (West Asia)
- Gideons International